Terms and Conditions
There will be no cancellation charge if a booking is cancelled before 10 am two 2 days before your date of arrival. If the booking is cancelled later, or in the case of a no-show, the first night will be charged.
Self Catering Cottages
Booking Terms and Conditions
1. A 25% deposit is payable at the time of booking. All cheques should be made payable to Portclew Cottages.
2. The balance of your booking is due 4 weeks before your arrival date. In the absence of payment being received by this date we reserve the right to cancel the reservation and all deposits previously paid my be forfeited.
3. In the event of a cancellation the deposit/full payment is non-refundable unless we are able to re-let the cottage for the period originally booked.
4. No pets are allowed anywhere in the cottage.
5. No smoking is allowed anywhere in the cottage.
6. The number of persons occupying the cottage shall not exceed the numbers of the party stated on the booking form. We reserve the right to terminate the hire of the cottage without notice and without refund in case of a breach of this condition.
7. The Tenant shall not sublet the cottage or any part thereof during their period of stay.
8. The Tenant is responsible for the letting of the cottage as soon as the balance has been paid and should arrange their own cancellation insurance. No refunds will be made after the balance becomes due unless we are able to re-let the property.
9. Bookings will not be accepted by persons under the age of 21 years.
10. The key is to be collected from Portclew House guesthouse on arrival and returned to the guesthouse on departure. If on arrival if there is no reply at the guesthouse, the cottage will be open and the key will be inside.
11. The Tenant shall leave the cottage in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the let.
12. We do not ask for a damage deposit but all tenants are legally held responsible for any damage and breakages, which should be reported before leaving the cottage.
13. We cannot be held responsible for any accident, loss or damage which may be sustained by the Tenant, or a member of his party, or visitor, or their property however caused.
14. Complaints not reported within 72 hours of occupation cannot be entertained. It is regretted that no correspondence can be entered into in the case of complaints made upon departure or after you return home, when it will surely be appreciated that it is quite impossible for the problems to be corrected or effectively investigated.
15. The owner and their representatives retain the right to enter the cottage at any time.
16. We take every care to ensure the accuracy of the cottage descriptions. All information is given in good faith and believed to be correct but we cannot be held responsible for any errors or results from these errors.
16. We reserve the right to amend prices quoted due to errors and/or omissions or changes in the VAT rate.
17. All bed linen, towels and tea towels are provided and included in the rent. All heating and electricity is included in the rent.
18. Tenancies commence at 4.00 pm on day of arrival and terminate at 10.00 am on the day of departure.
Failure to comply with these terms and conditions will make you liable to lose your booking or your right to stay in the property without refund.